Sunday, December 14, 2008

Photos--Boqueria Market, Barcelona

These are photos I took while visiting the Boqueria market in Barcelona. It is perhaps the best market in Europe. Just an amazing place to eat, buy, watch people, and be. I spent a LOT of time there when I lived in Barcelona in '97-'98, and learned a lot about the local ingredients and how to best prepare them. I only wish we had markets like this in Chicago.

Food can be so beautiful. Enjoy!



Embutidos



Fruit Vendor



Snap Peas



Tocineria


Mackerel




Drying sardines in a hoop basket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you would ever be interested in becoming a featured publisher with Foodbuzz.com? If so please conctact me at lizstambaugh@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

This is one of my fave places in the world! Everything is so beautiful, so special, and so well cared for. I have some pics on my foodbuzz page, check them out if you like.